The God Mercury

The God Mercury
The God Mercury, the Messenger of Winged Feet

Monday, June 24, 2013

News about my New Book

GIL VERNET, Jordi
The Stare of the Owl. An antidote to crises (written in Spanish)
Bubok Ed. (digital and paper edition, 267 p.)
Reus / Málaga, 2013

This essay, which was written last year, will be published within a few days. I reflected there on some current crises from a philosophical perspective. The critical situation of the publishing world forced me to make an autoedition. I want to think the cause was not necessary the low quality of my work, but economic reasons. Anyhow, you will be able to get this book online from wherever you are, and decide yourself. This essay doesn't try just to analyze the economic crisis, but the notion of crisis itself. In several chapters, some examples of crisis are considered to try to find what they have in common.
The content has been split in two parts. The first part treats about that could be called 'Social crisis': the crisis of family, education, values, religion, and politics. The second part reflects on both crises of knowledge and science. The two parts examine what there is really deep down of those great changes named crisis. It is actually said that there is a crisis when something changes quickly and suddenly, isn’t it? It doesn’t mind if we are talking about ‘the Cuban missile crisis’, ‘a marriage crisis’, or ‘a government crisis’. They all are crises.
The thesis I hold in the book is that being alive is being constantly in crisis, taking into account that the word Krisis meant 'sudden change' in ancient Greek. Social life and even the things of nature are always changing. Sometimes there are bigger, sudden changes: they are great crises without any doubt, and so they are called. Evolution is the name we give to the great and constant changes in the nature. The universe is always evolving, and things which are inside are evolving as well. I would like that this book may help its readers to understand better what 'crisis' means.

By the way, if you are studying Spanish, and you like thinking, and also reading essays, cheer up and dare to buy and read my book. I think I may assure you won’t regret. As soon as the book is available, I’ll put the publisher link in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment